January 21, 2012

Microwave Peanut Butter and Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats

So I sometimes just really get into the mood for rice krispie treats, but of course... the SO doesn't love them, so I have to make a smaller batch, so I thought... why not a microwave recipe? After searching around I found one I sorta liked, and of course I altered it. So here's my new and improved recipe

Makes 8-10 (depending on how big you cut them)
1 tablespoon peanut butter

  • tablespoon butter10 large marshmallows (or 1 cup mini-marshmallows)1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
    1/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. 1
    In a large microwave safe bowl, heat butter, peanut butter, and marshmallows at HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
  2. 2
    Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until coated.
  3. 3
    Press mixture into 9X5 loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle melted chocolate chips over the top. Refrigerate and cut into squares when cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment