March 9, 2011

Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcake

Btw I hate those blogs where all the pictures look like professionals... I take all my own pictures with my crappy camera... and you can tell. lol


So I started with this recipe: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/03/strawberries-and-cream-cupcakes/


But naturally I modified it. 

It came out SUPER yummy, but I was impatient so I frosted my cakes a little early... my bad. 




2 c. flour
1/4 c. corn starch
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 sticks butter, softened
2 1/4 c. sugar
3 large eggs
1 egg white
1 c. buttermilk(I used substitute, milk and vinegar)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. cut and mushed strawberrys (I like chunks)

1 packet cheesecake pudding



Preheat oven to 350. Grease muffin pan or use liners. Mix flour, corn starch, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Cream butter and sugar with a mixer about 3 minutes. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time.
Reduce speed to low. Combine buttermilk and vanilla together and set aside. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the milk mixture; end with the dry ingredients. Fold in strawberries. Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure everything has been mixed in. Divide batter among muffin cups (about 45), filling them almost all the way to the top, they don't rise very much. 
Bake cupcakes until a knife inserted into the centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool in muffin tins. Top with frosting (see below)

1/2 c cut up and mushed strawberries
1 small tub cream cheese frosting
Mix in a bowl... then put on cupcakes. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment